SkyKing162's Baseblog



A fan of the Yankees, Red Sox, and large sample sizes.


2.26.2004
 
PEORIA STRAT DRAFT IN PROGRESS

We're through five rounds of the Peoria Strat-o-Matic League draft and I thought I'd post an update. I traded my 1st round pick (I pick eleventh out of twelve in every round) for a 4th and 5th rounder (second position each round) and Adam Kennedy. My draft picks thus far have been: Luis Matos, Jeremi Gonzalez, Kyle Farnsworth, Francisco Rodriguez, and Jose Valentin. I almost pulled off a trade for Matt Clement to bolster (meaning "to make not so crappy") my pitching staff, but it fell through. My plan going into the year is to see how I do the first few months and then either trade the house for a shot at the championship, or trade all my good players to help in rebuilding in 2005.

2004 Lineup Against Righties:

LF Brian Giles
CF Luis Matos
RF Richard Hidalgo
3B Hank Blalock
SS Jose Valentin
2B Adam Kennedy
1B David Ortiz
CA Ramon Hernandez
DH Edgar Martinez


2004 Lineup Against Lefties:

LF Brian Giles
CF Richard Hidalgo
RF Vladimir Guerrero
3B Mike Lowell
SS TBA
2B TBA
1B Derrek Lee
CA TBA
DH Edgar Martinez


2004 Starting Rotation:

Kevin Millwood
Josh Becket
Jeremi Gonzalez
Roger Clemens


2004 Bullpen:

Joe Borowski
Guillermo Mota
Kyle Farnsworth
Francisco Rodriguez
Eddie Guardado


The plan is to get just enough starter innings to pitch 6 innings/game, then turn things over to the talented bullpen. Exactly the opposite strategy that I had last year, but last year's starters were unbelievable. We'll see if it works. I'm hoping to trade some excess talent (Mike Lowell, Derrek Lee, closers, Kearns) for starting pitching, but so far there aren't any takers.


Comments: Post a Comment