SkyKing162's Baseblog



A fan of the Yankees, Red Sox, and large sample sizes.


4.06.2004
 
ELTON JOHN NIGHT

Ok, I'll admit it. I watch American Idol. I don't watch much TV - sports, HBO stuff, and the occasional reality TV show - but my roommates are into the Idol and I'm right behind. Add in a little Elton John and tonight's hour should have been the perfect show. It wasn't. I feel sorry for Sir Elton, as many of his great songs were abused like Koch and Marte. Jennifer Hudson tore it up, a couple others put in quality performances, but it was a weak night overall.

My favorite performer still remaining after Amy Adams was wrongly evicted last week (if anyone has her number, let me know) is John the Red. Sure, he doesn't show much personality, and he doesn't exactly have the pop-star voice, attitude, confidence, body, looks, wit, stage presence or anything else. But there's just something about him that intrigues me. Although there were a number of mistakes in tonight's performance, I really liked it.

However, if I were John the Red's personal advisor, I would have forced him to sing I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues. Great song, and it has a great feel for a Rat Pack wannabe. If he survives this week, John's newfound personality just might carry him the rest of the way (if his voice comes back).

Anyways, to summarize... JPL's annoying, the Hawaii sisters are annoying, I wouldn't mind seeing George Huff win, I hope John the Red finds himself and saves America from whiney pop-stars, and if you wouldn't mind putting Amy Adams in touch with me, I'll send you a prize.


Comments: Post a Comment