SkyKing162's Baseblog



A fan of the Yankees, Red Sox, and large sample sizes.


7.11.2004
 
EL DUQUE TO START IN PLACE OF MUSSINA

Our local paper mentioned a report by yankees.com that Orlando Hernandez will start today in place of Mike Mussina. With all the "problems" Yankee starters have had this year, it's great to know that there are quality replacements. Frankly, you've got to love the potential upside of the Yankee rotation. Mussina, Brown, Vazquez, Contreras, Lieber, and El Duque. That's six quality arms. Who can be counted on to post a sub-4.00 ERA with 100 IP the rest of the way? Nobody. Who could do it? Any of them. It'll be fun to see how it all works out. And no matter what, the offense will help the Yanks win a few games.

Not a lot of posting lately. I took another trip (this time to visit ballparks in PIT, CIN, and CLE - I'll write about it eventually), and I've got another one coming up. Even if I'm not writing, I'm still playing around on my computer, and have a switch from Blogger to Grey Matter on my own server coming up. You're excited, I know.

Under/over on Bonds' HRs in the HR Derby: 15. And I'll take the over.


Comments: Post a Comment